So here’s the run down to the birthday weekend, condensed for your pleasure:
Friends + Booze + Dancing + Billiards + Porch Sitting + Cute Waiter Who Bought Me A Shot Of Tequila = BLISS.
Seriously. I am so glad Christine came into town this weekend. I bet Krims is, too — they hit it off magically. It was lovely.
Ok… So… Saturday afternoon, Christine and I went shopping and she bought me this:
Notice the lovely fit of this shirt and the lace accented collar and that thing I’m holding in my hand? Yea, the lace collar turns into a … shawly/scarfy thing and you TIE IT IN A BOW. Seriously. I’m not joking.
You can’t appreciate how wonderful this shirt is until I show you THIS picture:
Made in Vietnam! Who would have known? I’m totally submitting it to Engrish.org — best birthday party shirt, ever, right? Except, I’m totally breaking up with Target. Seriously — THIS was the best shirt we could find there. So much terrible, awful shit in that store yesterday. It was unbelievable.
This is what it looked like at the checkout counter:
I took Christine for lunch to my favorite restaurant and we both got the chicken salad sandwich which is unbelievable. We sat on, what I consider to be, the best patio in my city. Afterward, we came back to my house and took power naps then go set to go to the birthday party.
Can I just say, I have the BEST FRIENDS on the planet!? Seriously, I do. There must’ve been twenty or twenty five people there that just love me. I’m a very lucky girl.
Also, apparently, I was super funny. Here are funny things I remember from the evening:
- Gratitutioius use of “That’s what she said…”
- Searching my G1 for an application with ‘clitofis’ and then later with ‘clitoris’
- Continually messing up Krim’s hair
- Helping this lesbian who was lovely with her fashion — I actually made her stand up and yanked on her saggy crotch on her jeans and said, “This is not okay!” Straight eye for the queer guy girl? Oh yes. Reality TV, here I come.
- I played pool. That’s hilarious enough. I think I only made like three balls in and I played like three or four games. Woah.
I dunno, kids. It was so super fun. I feel like the happiest, most lucky girl in the world. Life is beautiful and everything is just right.
I’m headed to Dee-lite’s house to go have lunch and be lovely together… ’cause that’s just what we do.